Breastfeeding/Bottle feeding Your Baby
• Exclusively breastfeed (feed breast milk only, either directly from breast or by pumping/bottle)
This method is considered by the American Academy of Pediatrics, and multiple other organizations, to be the healthiest/cheapest for feeding.
• Breastfeeding + supplementing formula
This method offers flexibility and convenience for the parents, and may be needed in specific medical situations that your pediatrician will recommend.
• Formula only
This is recommended only for patients with specific medical conditions or patients who must take certain medications and should not breastfeed.
• Our office will supply you with a prescription for a breast pump at your 36 week visit.
• You will need to contact your insurance company regarding where and when you may obtain your pump.
• Beaumont offers 2 types of breastfeeding classes: a classroom setting, as well as an online class. Classes can be scheduled at www. classes.beaumont.edu, or call Beaumont’s scheduling line #800-633-7377.
• If you are having difficulties breastfeeding, there are outpatient lactation consultants who can help, and who can see you quickly. Please call our office for a referral.
• Beaumont also has breastfeeding support M – F, 8:30am – 5pm, #248-964-6455.
• Helpful websites: