We Now Offer Telehealth Video appointments!
Oakland Macomb OBGYN in support and compliance of the CDC is offering Telehealth video conferencing. Video conferencing will assist with lowering the risk of community spread of the Covid-19 virus.
If the non-emergent appointments listed below apply to you, please call 248-997-5805 to schedule your telehealth visit. Oakland Macomb staff will also be reaching out to you to review your options.
Telehealth visits will allow quality care from your provider while protecting our patients from unnecessary risk of exposure.
Telehealth Video visits are great for:
- Medication Follow up Visits
- 2 Week Post-Partum
- Post-Partum Depression and Mood disorders
- Colposcopy Results
- Heavy Menorrhagia after endo biopsy
- Biopsy Results
How it works
- Schedule appointment: Schedule your video visit directly with our front desk staff
- Confirm your info: Check your email or text messages to log in and confirm your information.
- Have your device ready: Use either a computer, tablet or smartphone to conduct your video visit. Be sure to allow both camera and microphone access to the application.
- Check your internet connection: At the time of your appointment, Wi-Fi or a wired connection is strongly preferred for a great video visit experience, just like FaceTime!
- Payment for the visit: We bill your insurance as normal. If your insurance does not cover telehealth services, you will be charged $49.99 as a flat fee. In some cases, you may be able to submit your Telehealth visit to your insurance provider for reimbursement.
- Privacy and security: The technology for your video visit uses bank-grade encryption to protect all of your personal information.
- See your provider: Log in 5 minutes before your video visit and be prepared with questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
What devices can I use?
You can use a computer, tablet or smartphone such as an iPhone, iPad, or Android device.
How much will my telehealth visit cost?
We bill your insurance as normal. If your insurance does not cover telehealth services, you will be charged $49.99 as a flat fee. In some cases, you may be able to submit your Telehealth visit to your insurance provider for reimbursement.
Is my video visit secure?
Yes! This video technology uses ZOOM Healthcare encryption. However, make sure you find a quiet, private place in your home or office for your appointment.
Why see your doctor over video?
Video visits allow you to conveniently meet with your doctor over secure video, from the location of your choice.
Tips for a great telehealth visit
- Check internet connection, Wi-Fi or a wired connection is strongly preferred for a great video visit experience.
- Use headphones to cut down on any background noise and help keep the conversation with your doctor private.
Hold tight! Sometimes we run a few minutes behind, just like in the office.